Viazi vya Karai
Viazi vya karai:
2 lbs Potatoes (boiled and peeled)
Oil for frying
1 and 1/2 cup Gram flour
2 cups white flour
- Mix your salt. chilli powder and lemon juice to make a thick paste.
- Cut your boiled and peeled potatoes into half, spread the chilli paste and join the halves together and then cut them into halves or if the potatoes are big into quarters.
- Next mix the gram flour and white flour with water to make a thick batter (not too thick and not too thin).Add some salt in the batter to taste.
- On a medium high stove, place your frying vessel and add oil.
- Once oil is hot, place your potatoes in the batter and start frying.
- Pick up the potatoes from the batter and dip them into the hot oil.
- Do not over fill the vessel.
- Turn them to cook the other side.
- When both sides are cooked, remove from heat and drain them.
- Serve with chutney.
- The oil should be hot but not too hot, you don’t want to burn the potatoes.
- The amount of ingredients is just a guidance, you can use less or more to suit your taste.
- The amount of white flour I use is always more than the amount of gram flour.
- Do not over fill your vessel with potatoes or they will stick together.