1 and a 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
a dash of salt
1 and a 1/2 cups yoghurt
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
1 packet vanilla sugar
1 cup oil
3 to 4 tablespoons custard powder
* Sieve the dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking soda).
* In a measuring cup add the yoghurt and milk to get a 400ml liquid, start by adding 2 tablespoons of milk if you need more to make 400ml then add a little at a time until you get 400ml.
* In the yoghurt mix, add the custard powder and mix well.
* In a pot, add the oil and the yoghurt custard mixture and place it on a low heat stove (you don’t want to cook this, make sure it’s on low heat).
* Stir it constantly until smooth and remove it from the stove.
* In a mixer, add the custard mixture, sugar and mix.
* Then add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla sugar.
* Next add the flour a little at a time and mix well.
* In a greased bundt pan or any pan, pour the cake batter and place it in a preheated oven (385 degrees).
* Remove when toothpick comes out clean.
* Let the cake cool completely before removing from the pan.
Frost the cake with cooked custard dessert.
Check below for link to the custard dessert recipe.